WordPress is one of the most popular blogging tools on the web, making it easy for anybody to post their ideas, pictures, and audio/video.
WordPress can be used for not only blogging posts but also to store static information that can be easily updated like a content management system (CMS).
This class teaches the new user how to get their blog up and started quickly while teaching students to fully understand the right way to install, administer, customize and market their blog.
One of the main advantages of WordPress is the use of themes and plugins which can dramatically change the look and functionality of your blog website. Students will learn how to find and install various themes and plugins as well as learn how themes work behind the scenes using template tags with PHP.
Each weekly lecture will give explanations, illustrations, resources, and practical scenarios of setting up your own WordPress blog.
• What is Word Press
• Different flavors of word press (WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org)
• Difference between a blog & website.
Setting up the Local Server for your test environment
• Why Local Server
• Web Server
• Logging into word press
• Creating your profile
• Creating a post
• Adding Hyperlinks
• Using Categories and Tags
• Previewing and Editing Posts
• Difference Between Posts and Pages
• Creating a page
• Previewing and Editing Pages
• Page Hierarchy
• Discussion settings
• How to control comment spam
• Managing comments
• Adding images into posts and pages
• Embedding videos into posts and pages
• Managing media files
• What are themes?
• Installing and activating a new theme
• Live Preview of your installed theme
• Customizing your website
• Installing widgets in sidebar
• Installing widgets in footer
Creating a different types of custom menus Theme Options
• How to upload your logo and favicon
• How to create and manage a slideshow with images
• Enabling and disabling different menus
• Enabling and disabling footer widget area
• Custom CSS
CSS and PHP Editor Plugins
• What are Plugins
• Searching for Plugins
• Different criteria for selecting Plugins
• Installing a plug-in
• Setting up your Plugins
• Adding a New User
• User Roles and Capabilities
• Backup your website (database and files)
• Restore your website
Updating Word Press, Themes and Plugins
Installing 10 most Useful Plugins
• Google XML Sitemaps
• All in one SEO pack
• Contact Form
• WP Super Cache
• WP Database Backup
• Image Gallery
• Video Gallery
• Scrolling Text
• Google Maps
Want to have a course urgently or on Fast track. We can arrange you for a specialised training aimed only for you. Please get in touch with us with your requirements by mail or just fill in the Batch Enquiry form. We will get in touch with you with the slot times and other details with in 24 hours
We know how hard it can be to find and keep a job when there are so many other things to worry about. Our support team is here to help break down the barriers which are blocking your road to employment.
If you are a Working Chance candidate, please don’t hesitate to ask for advice or support on any issues which are affecting your chances of finding a job.
For further information, please email email@example.com our Support and Training Manager.
• Assistance with completing applications online or in person
• Job development online, on foot, networking events, job fairs and established employer relationships to locate available positions in your job goal
• Job leads and information on attending hiring events
• Follow-ups on applications placed to request interviews.
WordPress is an open source Content Management System (CMS), which allows the users to build dynamic websites and blog.
List some features of WordPress?
The features of WordPress are −
Extend with Plugins
Search Engine Optimized
What are disadvantages of WordPress?
The disadvantages of WordPress are −
Using several plugins can make website heavy to load and run.
PHP knowledge is required to do modification or changes in the WordPress website.
Sometimes software needs to be updated to keep the WordPress up to date with the current browsers and mobile devices. Updating of WordPress version leads to loss of data so it requires the backup copy of website.
Modifying and formatting the graphic images and tables is difficult.
What are the different types of gadgets present in the WordPress Dashboard?
The different types of gadgets present in the WordPress Dashboard are −
At a Glance
What is the use of Quick Draft section in WordPress Dashboard?
The Quick Draft is a mini post editor allows writing, saving and publishing post from admin dashboard. It includes the title for the draft, some notes about your draft and save it as a Draft.